Main Page Gallery Audio/Video Candles Condolences Memories Life Story Edit Page Grief Support
Latest Candles
Angel friendsAlways Loved, Foreve...Brandon's Mema 1935-...My loving and suppor...Heavenly Signs for M...Journal Letters to B...Poems to ShareSong LyricsBrandon and Mom Sket...Merry Christmas Bran...
Family TreeMemorial Book
676579 Create Memorial
Bookmark and Share


Life story
March 21, 1982

Brandon Tyler Beshada came into this world on Sunday, March 21, 1982 at 6:08 pm weighing 8 lbs and measuring 21 inches.  He instantly became the pride and joy of his mom Sandy. 

March 22, 1982


is and will forever be













September 21, 1982

NAME: Brandon Tyler Beshada (photo at 6 months of age)

BORN: March 21, 1982
DAY: Sunday

TIME: 6:08pm
WEIGHT: 8 pounds
LENGTH: 21 inches long
HAIR: Dark Brown

WHERE: Newton, NJ

GREW UP:  in Newton, NJ until age 6, moved to Florida for a very short time, resided in Virginia for 14 years and then when he was 20 he returned to NJ, after 2 years in the military, where he resided until he was 24. He moved back home to Virginia to live with me while waiting for the approval for his surgery. He passed at home in his sleep 10 days after his 25th Birthday.


My precious Brandon was born on Sunday, the Lord's Day and I took him home with me from the hospital on a Thursday. Brandon received his Angel Wings on Sunday, the Lord's Day and I saw him for the very last time and said good-bye at his service which was on a Thursday - some tell me that it has special meaning but I don't know.


Brandon was very eager to arrive - he was 10 days early and came after just 90 minutes of natural labor. My labor had to be induced because my water broke at 6 am but otherwise I had a very easy pregnancy. I was young, just 19 when I had him, and single, but I wanted him so and couldn't wait for him to get here.  After I delivered the nurses kept telling me to get back to my room and rest but I couldn't break myself away from the nursery window. I longed for the feeding times that could not come soon enough. I couldn't wait to get him home so I could hug and kiss him whenever I wanted. I finally got to take him home on Thursday, March 24th. (not the in and out of the hospital like today). Brandon's hearty appetite started early (and intensified with age) as they had to bring me two bottles in the hospital at feeding time. I had to start him on cereal at a very early age to satisfy his hunger. Brandon had big hands and big feet as a baby (he was born with a size 1 foot) and the nurses at the Dr's office would say he was all hands and feet. He grew like crazy but had these little skinny chicken legs for the longest time.  They finally filled out but still seemed lost in comparison to his size 13 foot. Boy did those feet get in the way when trying to teach him to drive my little clutch car. We would jerk forward every time he went to shift because his foot was so big it hit the brake as well when he pushed in the clutch.


Being a single parent was not easy financially but I was so blessed. Brandon had to do without a lot growing up (and I will forever regret that I could not have given him more) but he never complained. On those special days when we would go to the store for a special treat and I would tell him to pick something out it took him forever.  I would see him eyeing something big and say "How about that Brandon?" and he'd say "no mommy, that's too much money".


Brandon grew into a happy, healthy boy but would get bored easily. He always seemed to need to have something happening around him. I used to tease him that he needed a 3 ring circus around him all the time. But he did love anything that had to do with big trucks and construction vehicles and would play in the dirt for hours.  It was no surprise that as an adult he loved those construction and heavy machine jobs the best.


Speaking of jobs - boy could he charm his way into a new job. Brandon never went on a job interview where he didn't land the job on the spot. He just had a way about him and people liked him instantly.  I think a lot of that came from respect, Brandon was always respectful, even more so after the service, he gave it when it was earned but also expected it in return.  He so hated when people would treat him with little or no respect just because he was young.

March 21, 1983

Brandon celebrating his 1st Birthday - He was always such a happy baby

March 22, 1983

Brandon's life on this earth was so very short, but in that short time he touched many lives and created many wonderful memories. I treasure those memories and hold them deep within my heart, but also want to share them, to tell the world all about my son. There are so many more pictures, stories and memories of Brandon's life and I will be adding them here soon, so Please check back often to learn about my loving son.



If you have a special memory or photo of Brandon you would like to share please email me as I would love to hear about your treasured memories of my Sweet Angel.

August 1, 1983
March 21, 1984

Brandon Tyler Beshada - Age 2


Please check back often as I will be adding many more stories and photos of Brandon through the years - while I want to share everything about him with everyone, please know that it is very difficult emotionally to put his life into words.

March 21, 2000

On his 18th Birthday Brandon enlisted in the service and served 2 years with the United States Army. He did his 4 months of Basic Training in Fort Benning, Georgia and then returned to Virginia where he served as a Pall Bearer with the United States Army's Elite Honor Guard in Fort Meyer.  He was so very proud to have been chosen to serve on the Honor Guard - but no prouder than his Mom.  Brandon had hoped, once he was healthy, to re-enlist in the service, as he felt it provided him with discipline he felt he needed in his life.  Brandon was proud to have spoken the following words:


"The Infantryman's Creed"

I am the Infantry.
I am my country's strength in war.
her deterrent in peace.
I am the heart of the fight-
wherever, whenever.
I carry America's faith and honor
against her enemies.
I am the Queen of Battle.

I am what my country expects me to be-
the best trained solider in the world.
In the race for victory
I am swift, determined, and courageous,
armed with a fierce will to win.

Never will I betray my country's trust.
always I fight on-
through the foe,
to the objective,
to triumph over all,
If necessary, I will fight to my death.

By my steadfast courage,
I have won 200 years of freedom.
I yield not to weakness,
to hunger,
to cowardice,
to fatigue,
to superior odds,
for I am mentally tough, physically strong,
and morally straight.

I forsake not-
my country,
my mission
my comrades,
my sacred duty.

I am relentless.
I am always there,
now and forever.

July 27, 2000
Brandon graduated from the US Army's Infantry basic training program in Fort Benning Georgia. I hadn't seen him in four long months and was shaking with anticipation all throughout the ceremony. Finally I got to see him up close when they offered the parents or spouces to come forward to pin the Infantry Braid on ou Soldiers - I was crying and shaking so hard and Brandon had to help me. I didn't wat to embarass so I asked if I could give him a hug and he reached out and grabbed me for a big bear hug. He was so handsome in his uniform. After Graduation Brandon returned to the DC area as he had been chosen to serve his tour of duty as a member of the Us Army's Elite Honor Guard (also known as the Old Guard). Brandon served Proudly and with Honor as a Pall Bearer at Arlington Cemetary.
July 28, 2000
Standing Proudly with Mema following the Graduation Ceremony
July 28, 2000
Proud Mom with her Soldier - I got to pin on his Infanrty Rope.
August 5, 2000
Standing Proudly with Pop-Pop
June 8, 2001
Brandon - What a handsome and loving young man he had become.
June 1, 2002
Brandon and I were known to act pretty goofy together.  People used to say we sometimes acted more like brother and sister than mother and son - I loved that we were so close - truly best friends.  On this day Jess R. and I painted Brandon's toe nails a pretty metalic purple. After we posed for this silly picture we wanted to remove the polish so we could go grocery shopping but Brandon chose to keep it on AND wear his flip-flops to the store. He walked throught he store talking in his high pitched 'girlie' voice.  I used to tease him that it was scary how he could make his voice so high pitched.  There were many times, like this day, that I laughed so hard I cried.  Brandon could do that to me. 
July 7, 2002
Brandon was so proud when he was asked to be Gabrielle Beshada's God-Father.
March 31, 2007
The night Brandon passed he asked me to walk him upstairs and put him to bed.  He had been feeling strange, and after calling his Dr, and being told the meds were ok and he could reduce his dose the next day, he said, "Mom, can you walk me upstairs to bed?" He kinda caught himself after he said and it chuckled saying he was just kidding, that he was too old for that - but I walked him up just the same. It was 7 pm on Saturday night, March 31st. I helped him into bed and pulled the covers up to his chin. I said "I love you, please try to get some sleep". He said, "I love you too. Can you please check on me later?"   I did check on him, all through the evening and again before I went to bed at 2am. The last time I checked on him I even sat on his bed beside him and put my hand on his heart to make sure it wasn't beating too fast. I put my hand on his forehead to make sure he wasn't too hot. He wasn't, but I got a warm washcloth and wiped his brow anyway. He seemed ok, he was finally resting after many sleepless nights in pain and was even snoring (although I wonder now if he wasn't having trouble breathing and I thought he was snoring - I have nightmares about that, about me not knowing - I can't stand the sound of snoring now even on TV). I left him alone (my sweet boy) and went to bed - when I woke at 7:45 am I instantly knew upon opening my eyes that something was wrong and I ran into his room. I noticed that he hadn't moved since I checked him last, as he sometimes did in his sleep. When I touched his forehead it was cold - That coldness will forever remain on the palm of my hand, as will the vision of my sweet Brandon lying there - he just looked like he was sleeping.  The last time I heard my son's sweet voice was 7pm on March 31st when he said "I love you too. Can you please check on me later?"   Little did I know that Jesus was reaching out to take my son home to Heaven.
April 1, 2007

Brandon Tyler Beshada was called home to God and received his Heavenly Angel wings on April 1, 2007. 



December 18, 2007

A Star is named: I received a very special gift today for Brandon from some very special friends - these beautiful people never had the chance to meet Brandon but have been touched by his story and all the wonderful things about him that I have shared with them.

Thor, Cheryl and baby Sidney had a STAR named in Brandon's memory with the International Star Registry, a STAR that will be filed with the US Copyright Office. The STAR's name and coordinates are:

Lacerta RA 22h13m30s D 42*27'